Peanut Butter Sugar Cookies-the best of a sugar cookie and a peanut butter cookie come together in these soft thin cookies.
There’s just something about a sugar cookie. They come in all shapes and sizes. Some are hard, some are soft. Some are chewy. Big and little. I’ve never met a sugar cookie I didn’t fall in love with. You can frost them, you can use them to make a sandwich cookie.
Sugar cookies are just the best basic cookie, if that makes any sense. Everyone loves a sugar cookie. These Peanut Butter Sugar Cookies have to be my favorite.
I love peanut butter to begin with. The peanut butter flavor is subtle. It won’t knock you over like a traditional Peanut Butter cookie does. The first thing your notice when you bite into one of these, is the crisp outer cookie, with the sugar granules tickling your tongue. Then you’ll realize that inside that crisp shell is a chewy middle. And then finally, you’ll realize they are peanut butter.
As you can see, these are a thin cookie. Perfect on their own but just imagine adding chocolate ice cream between two cookies for a fun summer treat. Or a peanut butter buttercream in the center for the ultimate peanut butter sandwich cookie.
These cookies don’t stick around long in my house. It’s just too easy for my kids to grab a stack off the cooling rack and walk off. Occasionally they’ll slow down long enough to grab a glass of milk to go with them.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- Granulated sugar for rolling, about 1/2 cup
- Stir together flour, soda and salt and set aside. In a mixing bowl, Beat butter for about 30 seconds, just to cream it a bit. Add sugars and peanut butter. Beat until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add in eggs and vanilla, beat well. Add flour mixture and mix until all combined.
- Refrigerate dough for at least 1 hour. Shape dough into 1-inch balls (I use a medium cookie scoop) then roll balls in granulated sugar.Place on ungreased cookie sheet 3 inches apart, these cookies spread. Use a fork to create a crisscross on top.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 8-9 minutes, just until edges start to turn golden. Remove from oven and let rest on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Remove to racks to cool completely.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Want more cookies?