Peanut Butter Pie with Chocolate Ganache-creamy peanut butter filling with chocolate ganache on top and on the bottom!
We need to talk about store bought pie crusts. Specifically the graham cracker crusts. I’m all for making crusts from scratch but I don’t always have time. Or patience. When it comes to pie, I’m in it for the filling, not the crust anyways. The crust is just the holder for all the yummy on the inside.
Here’s the thing about ready made crusts. It’s almost impossible to find one still completely whole in the stores. There’s always a crack or a chip on the crust. Or several cracks. I’ll dig all the way to the back, unstacking 10-15 crusts trying to find one still whole and unblemished.
And when you do find that one perfect crust, you still have to get it home in one piece. The baggers at the stores, they know about your eggs and not mushing your bread. But they just don’t realize how delicate that crust is.
Or worse, in your own effort to carry in all 12 bags of groceries in just one trip, you forget about your perfect crust. You wedge it between the bag with the milk and the bag with the canned goods.
No, a perfect crust is hard to find and keep.
The greatest thing about this pie, besides how amazing it tastes (we are talking about peanut butter and chocolate here) is that it doesn’t need a perfect crust.
The chocolate ganache below the filling acts as a sealer for the crust. Binding all those cracks back together, filling in any chips. Making your pie crust perfect again.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorite” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!
- 1 ready made graham cracker crust
for the filling
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
for the ganache
- 1 cup milk chocolate (or semi sweet) chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- Prepare the filling. Cream together peanut butter and cream cheese until smooth and well blended. Add in powdered sugar and mix on low.
- Add in Cool Whip and beat on medium until fluffy, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Set filling aside.
- Make your ganache. Using 2 cup, microwave safe bowl, microwave chocolate chips and cream together on high for about 1 minute. Remove from microwave and stir until chips are completely melted and chocolate is smooth. If necessary, microwave for another 10 seconds. Let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Using the back of a spoon, spread all but 3-4 tablespoons of the ganache over the inside of the ready made crust, making sure to go up the sides. Let crust sit for about 5 minutes for ganache to set up. Add peanut butter filling and spread evenly to fill the crust. Drizzle remaining ganache over top of pie.
- Refrigerate pie for at least 2 hours before serving.
This pie can also be frozen. Let pie thaw for at least 2 hours before serving.
Recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Want more peanut butter treats?