Cinnamon Zucchini Bread with Chocolate Chips and Walnuts-so good you’ll want to eat it all day long!
I really love going to our local Farmer’s Market on Saturday mornings. It’s a small community market. Nothing fancy. On a good day there are probably 10 vendors.
I’ve been stocking up on Zucchini while it’s so plentiful. Other than corn on the cob, it’s probably my favorite summer vegetable. I know, everyone is thinking, what about a big gorgeous tomato. Not for me. tomatoes and I aren’t friends, never have been, never will be. Goes back to childhood. And since I’m an adult, I don’t have to eat anything I don’t like. My son does love them, so I buy one or 2 for him. I’m a good mom like that.
My son and my younger daughter pretty much love all fruits and veggies. In fact, my youngest, Grace, would rather have a bowl of fruit than a slice of cake, or a chocolate candy bar. I sometimes wonder if she’s really mine.
Then there’s the middle child. My older daughter. I know she’s mine. Doesn’t want anything to do with fruits or veggies. Goes for the sweets every time. Just like I did as a child. So I know there’s hope for her, eventually.
In the meantime. I take it as a challenge to work a little healthy into her life without her realizing it. I make sure she’s off on the computer, or in her room listening to music before I even take the ingredients out.
I hide all evidence before she smells that something delicious in the oven. And then I lie to her about what it is. Sometimes, you need to lie to your children, for their own good.
She loved this Cinnamon Bread! She did try to complain about the walnuts but that’s just the way she is. Claims she doesn’t like nuts either. Even though she wants me to make more Peanut Brittle soon. I’m really looking forward to her growing out of these teenage years.
Quick breads are always a winner. No need to wait for a dough to rise. You usually have all your ingredients on hand. They take just a few minutes to whip together.
The flavors of cinnamon and chocolate and walnuts melds together in every bite, just a fabulous combination. And you never taste the Zucchini.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorite” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!
Cinnamon Zucchini Bread
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs and oil.
- Add egg mixture and shredded zucchini to dry ingredients. Using a wooden spoon or a fork, stir together until all ingredients are moist. Fold in Chocolate Chips and walnuts.
- Spoon batter into a well greased loaf pan. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour. Test for doneness using a toothpick. Bake an additional 5 minutes if needed.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 20 minutes before removing from pan and cooling completely on a cooling rack.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Chocolate Chip Graham Cracker Muffins
Chocolate oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
Leave a Reply