Fried Zucchini-straight from the garden, to the frying pan, to the table, to your tummy!
Ok, don’t everyone get all nervous on me that this has no sugar involved.
It’s summertime and that means wonderful food is coming out of everyone’s gardens. Well everyone’s except mine. I have a black thumb. I’m amazed my herb garden is still doing well.
Luckily for me, our little city has a little market for our local farmers to come and share their bounty. Sponsored by Our Better Hometown, it’s a fun way to get our local produce and chat with neighbors.
Right now, we can get Yellow Squash, Cucumbers, tomatoes, Corn and if I get there early enough, new potatoes. There’s a vendor for peaches and one that makes Salsa. Fresh eggs and local honey.
I’m a little partial to our market
I started it back in 2004, when my babies were still babies. Our local farmers and backyard growers are some of the best people I know. So I’m happy to be able to support them.
I have to tell you, for a kid who hated vegetables (except corn) I’ve turned into a grown up that loves them. Especially Zucchini.
Put it in a casserole, add it to cake and muffins, saute it. But the absolute best way to have it is Fried.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
- 1 medium Zucchini
- 3/4 cup italian bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2-3 tablespoons milk (a splash)
- salt and pepper
- vegetable oil for frying
- Pour oil in a medium frying pan to about 1/4 inch depth, heat oil over medium heat.
- Combine breadcrumbs and flour in a small bowl, stirring to combine.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs and add in enough milk to create an egg wash.
- Slice Zucchini into 1/4 to 3/8 inch slices, not too thick and not too thin.
- Dip slices in egg wash then coat in bread crumb mixture.
- Place coated slices in heated oil to cook for about 3 minutes on each side, until a medium golden brown.
- Remove to paper towels to drain and season with salt and pepper.
Use caution, these will stay very hot for up to 30 minutes after cooking.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Looking for more Zucchini recipes?
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cake
Zucchini Chips from The Dinner Mom
Zucchini Muffins from Brandy’s Baking
Roasted Parmesan Zucchini from Dinner at Jenn’s
Leave a Reply