Zucchini Bites, tots, quiches. Call them whatever you want, they’re delicious!
I got the chance a little early this year when my daughter’s friend’s mom comes to drop my daughter off from a day out and brings me a big bag of zucchini, In the middle of May!
My son and I love, Love, LOVE zucchini. Fried Zucchini is one of our favorites but I think we may have found a new rival. These Zucchini Bites, or tots or quiches. Call them whatever you want, they’re delicious!
And there are so many possibilities to change them up with whatever you have on hand.
Cheddar cheese, Swiss Cheese, Mozzarella, Italian Blend. I can personally already vouch for the cheddar, Swiss and Italian blend. All yummy. And the bacon is optional but I had some in the fridge, leftover, and wow oh wow!
I could also see adding some chopped jalapeno peppers for those who like it hot or sun dried tomatoes, or roasted peppers…
- 2 cup grated Zucchini
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (whatever you have)
- 1/4 cup chopped onions or scallions
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-4 slices cooked bacon, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped Parsley (optional)
- Squeeze the water out of your grated Zucchini using a clean dish towel. I was amazed how much water was in 2 cups of Zucchini.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, Mix with a fork till all combined. Place spoonfuls of your mixture into greased mini muffin tins.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 15-18 minutes, until the top is a beautiful golden brown.
I love the tip from The Two Bite Club about using a plastic knife to loosen the edges. Works like a charm, they pop right out!
You can also freeze these. I used plastic wrap in my muffin tins then filled with the mixture and froze for 2 hours. Pop them out and place in a freezer bag. When ready to bake, increase baking time by 10 minutes.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com