White Trash Snack mix-a little sweet, a little salty, a lot of yum!
That’s not a very nice thing to say.
Well I didn’t say it first.
I’ve been making this stuff forever and when we moved to Georgia, hubby took some of this stuff to work and that’s what everyone there called it.
So I’m just repeating them. And so do my kids now.
But it’s good stuff.
And it makes sense to call this stuff trash since you basically throw everything in it, just like the trash.
I mean all that leftover, hanging around the house, maybe not enough to fill a snack bowl kinda stuff.
The only thing you have to have is some candy bark or candy melts
You know candy coating. call it whatever you want. It’s what brings it all together.
I stock up on this stuff. I pick it up whenever it’s on sale. It last for years, or so I’ve been told. It never lasts that long around here.
So you’ve got your candy coating, now go forage around your kitchen. You want some sweet and some salty stuff.
Cereal, pretzels, hard chips like Fritos or Bugles, peanuts, whatever you can find.
And for the sweet, I don’t care how much you bake, we all love Oreos. But you could use nilla wafers or whatever else you have laying around but you do want some cookies in this.
And also some candy, like M & Ms or candy corn, you know you have some stashed away.
Once set, break apart, package up as gifts in a jar or just using the plastic party bags from the Dollar store.
A pretty ribbon can make all the difference.
- 2 cups mini pretzels
- 2 cups bugles, fritos or other corn chip
- 1 cup cereal-Cheerios, Chex
- 2 cups broken Oreos
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup M&Ms
- 1 package white chocolate almond bark or Candy melts
- Spread pretzels, corn chips, cereal, and Oreos on a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Mixing them up.
- Melt almond bark according to package directions. Drizzle melted chocolate over pretzel mixture, using a plastic spoon to move mix around a bit to coat. Sprinkle mixture with nuts and M&Ms.
- Let chocolate cool completely, break into pieces. Store in an air tight container.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Want more treats using melted chocolate?