Vanilla Apple Muffins-the light sprinkle of sugar on top of these muffins is the perfect complement to the tart apple.
And I had some Pear sauce still left in the cabinet. These were fast and easy to make. And 4 out of 5 in my house preferred these muffins over the chocolate muffins I also made the same day, including myself.
The granny smith apples gave that tart bite and the rest of the ingredients gave the sweet, but not too sweet.
Just the perfect combination!
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Vanilla Apple Muffins
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- pinch salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup apple sauce (or pear sauce)
- 1-2 granny smith apples ( I used 1 large apple)
- granulated sugar for sprinkling
- Sift together flour, baking powder, nutmeg, apple pie spice and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, vanilla, lemon zest, brown sugar, butter, oil and apple sauce.
- Add your egg mixture to your flour using a whisk or spoon, do not over mix.
- Fill 12 lined or greased muffin cups. I greased mine, I like the texture of the bottoms for this muffin.
- Slice your apple(s) into thin wedges and place 2-3 wedges on each muffin.
- Now place a generous pinch of sugar over each muffin
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Place muffins on a plate, on the table and wait for the family to notice them.
Need more muffin ideas?