Easy Caramel Pecan Sticky Buns made with canned biscuits, some cinnamon sugar, butter, brown sugar and lots of pecans!
Sometimes great ideas just happen.
Like on a lazy Saturday morning when the kids had friends sleep over. Of course they stayed up too late, watching TV. That’s not completely true. My son and his friend had to get up early for a service project. They were out the door before 7:30am.
Usually for sleep overs, I’ll make Monkey Bread but it would only be 4 of us eating and the kids really don’t need that much sugar. I could have turned these biscuits into Donuts but I wasn’t in the mood for those. I wanted caramel. And pecans.
I could have made Sticky Buns from scratch. Kneading, waiting for the dough to rise, kneading, rising again, rolling out….you get the idea.
It only takes 5 minutes to have these Caramel Pecan Sticky Buns oven ready. The hard part is the waiting. Waiting for them to bake. Then waiting for them to rest.
The bottom, or top, depending on how you look at it, is just as good as the gooey, caramel pecan top. The sugar crystallizes, forming a sweet crust.
Connect with Chocolate, Chocolate and More!
Facebook | Twitter | Google+
Pinterest | instagram
Easy Caramel Pecan Sticky Buns
- 2 cans refrigerated biscuit dough
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- Grease a 8 or 9 inch round baking pan. Spread pecans on bottom of pan. Combine sugar and cinnamon and place in a plastic bag.
- Open canned biscuits and separate dough. Place 2-3 biscuits in bag of cinnamon sugar and shake to coat. place coated biscuits around edge of pan, slightly overlapping each other. Repeat with remaining biscuits, using last 3-4 biscuits to place in the center of the pan.
- Place butter and brown sugar in a microwave-safe bowl ( I use a 2 cup measuring cup.) Microwave for 45-60 seconds on high, until butter is melted. Remove from microwave and stir. Return to microwave and heat for an additional 30 seconds. Stir again and then pour, evenly, over top of prepared biscuits.
- Place buns in a preheated 375 degree oven with a baking tray on the shelf below to catch any drips. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until center is cooked. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes. Place serving dish on top of pan and carefully flip sticky buns onto serving dish. Use caution, caramel will be hot.
Want more easy breakfast treats?
Chocolate Swirled Breakfast Rolls
50 Easy to Make Breakfast Recipes
Maple Bacon Waffle Bread Pudding from Noble Pig
Chocolate Cinnamon Roll Pull Apart Bread from Crazy for Crust
Bagel Quiche from Recipegirl
Oatmeal Banana Bread Pancakes from Tidymom
Baked French Eggs from Melissa’s Southern Style Cooking
Leave a Reply