Easy Homemade Donuts using Canned Biscuits
I love Krispy Kreme donuts when that “hot” light is flashing.
Donuts straight out of the oven, then drizzled with that sugary glaze.
Or Dunkin Donuts,
All the different varieties?
And growing up, we had this place called Bagels and Donuts!
The best of both worlds in my opinion!
Running out to get fresh donuts first thing in the morning is a pain in the @#$ (oops, I mean butt.)
You can make hot donuts at home,
They’re just as easy as can be,
and considering the ingredients,
on a cold morning, I think they’re better than a Krispy Kreme!
With the “Hot” sign flashing!
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorite” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!
Easy homemade donuts
- 1 can ready to bake biscuits
- oil for frying
- sugar for topping, powdered or granulated
- or you can make a quick glaze
- [Cream Filling/https://chocolatechocolateandmore.com/2011/10/cream-filling-sweet/] or jelly (optional)
- Place about 1 inch oil in a pan, heat on medium to about 300 degrees.
- While oil is heating, crack open your biscuits. Separate the biscuits so they can warm up a little (just take the chill off) while your oil is heating up.
- Once oil is to temperature, place 2 or 3 biscuits in your oil, carefully.
- Cook for maybe a minute, these cook really fast, till golden, then flip over to cook other side.
- If you want traditional donuts, poke a hole in the middle of the biscuit before placing in the oil. Cook second side about a minute, till golden, then remove to paper towels to drain.
- It will take you less than 5 minutes to cook an entire can.
- If you are filling your donuts, let them cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Now you can fill with jelly or cream filling, using a pastry bag with the filling tip.
- Sprinkle a little sugar over the tops, it doesn't take much.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Coffee Time Donuts with Chocolate Glaze
Leave a Reply