Chocolate Swirled Breakfast Rolls-like a cinnamon roll only chocolate!
I have a confession to make. The first time I made these Chocolate Swirled Breakfast Rolls, I was home alone. The kids were away for the weekend. I was wandering around the kitchen, looking for a snack. You know how it is. You open up every single cabinet, then the fridge and freezer, and nothing looks good.
You don’t know what you want but you want something. It’s not like there’s not plenty to choose from in my house. With 3 kids, I’ve got plenty of snacks to choose from.
I knew I didn’t want to go all out and make a batch of cookies, or bake a cake. I wanted something sweet, something warm from the oven. And I wanted chocolate. I had a partial bag of mini chocolate chips. That’s a start.
And then I saw the cocoa powder sitting next to the sugar container in the cabinet.
It all came together so quickly.
Before I could stop myself, I’d eaten 4 of these little babies. I did manage to control myself and save the rest for the next day. The kids never saw the first batch.
To be fair, I did make them their own batch when they got home. And they loved these too. So good, no icing needed.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorite” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!
- 1 can crescent dough (or rolls if you can't find the sheets)
- 1-2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Unroll crescent dough onto a large cutting board. If using crescent rolls, pinch seams together to create a solid sheet of dough. Brush dough with melted butter, reaching all the way to the edges.
- Combine sugar and cocoa powder together. Sprinkle cocoa sugar over melted butter, leaving 1 inch uncovered on one of the long sides. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips over dough.
- Starting at the opposite side of the dough from your 1 inch unsugared, roll dough, jelly roll style, pinching the ending edge into your roll to seal the edge.
- Slice roll into 8 sections. Place rolls, cut side down on a lightly grease baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before serving warm.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Want more easy treats?