Cinnamon Spiced Pecans-a simple recipe using an egg white, sugar, cinnamon and a dash of salt
Pecans are a great snack food. Full of protein and other healthy benefits. Living in Georgia, we always have lots of Pecans in the freezer. We add them to everything we can think of. Cookies, bars, breads, I’ve even got a few chicken recipes I throw them in.
After testing a recipe for these cookies several times. I found myself with extra egg whites.
I could have made meringue cookies or an Angel Food Cake, although I didn’t have that many egg whites. I just wanted something snacky, something to nibble on. Something the kids could have after school.
Don’t let the cup of sugar put you off. After stirring these 3-4 times while baking, you loos at least half the sugar making these pecans a lightly sweet, crispy coated, with a light flavor of cinnamon, treat.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Facebook | Twitter | Google+
Pinterest | instagram
Cinnamon Spiced Pecans
- 4 cups pecans
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- dash of salt
- Beat egg white and water until thick and frothy. fold in pecans until coated.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon and salt then pour over pecans. Stir until well coated.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spread nuts out in a single layer on baking tray.
- Bake in a preheated 300 degree oven for 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes (to keep them from sticking.)
- Remove from oven and loosen any stuck pecan with a spatula. Let nuts cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
this recipe can also be made with walnuts.
Want more snacks?
Sweet Chex Mix from Oh Sweet Basil
Coconut Peanut Butter Snack Bites from My Kitchen Craze
Homemade Graham Crackers from Something Swanky
Leave a Reply