Cinnamon Pecan Butter Cookies-the rich taste of a butter cookie with cinnamon and pecans
The other day, I was shopping at Fred’s, getting a few items. While waiting to check out, I watch a woman, in her forties, pull into the handicap spot right in front of the store.
As she proceeds to run (and I do mean run) into the store, her male passenger takes the handicap permit out of the console and places it on the mirror. I watch the woman come into the store and dash through the isles.
I won’t say this woman isn’t handicapped. You never know what issues people have that aren’t visible to the rest of us. But on this day, she certainly didn’t need that handicapped space. To top off the story, the space right next to the handicapped one was available.
I know a few people that truly need that handicapped space. And I also know that if they don’t need it, they won’t use it.
They understand what it means when they pull up to a store, when they’re having a bad day or they have their passenger that is the reason for the special tag, and all the handicapped spaces are taken. Sometimes, it can mean having to cancel the shopping trip, or circling the lot waiting for one of the spaces to open up.
I’m not trying to judge anyone, but on that day I did. I judged that woman. I found her selfish. I still do. I feel blessed that I can run into any store I want, any time, not worried about the physical exertion of walking to the front of the store from my parking space that is closer to the exit of the shopping center than the front of the store.
I guess what I’m trying to say, is if you have a permit, and you’re having a good day, don’t use that handicapped space. You never know when it might be you, that really needs it one day and it’s not available.
So now that I’ve got that off my chest, I feel better. I’m so glad I have friends I can talk to. Ya’ll are the best! Of course I also feel better since I made these cookies. They remind me of a Cinnamon roll but in cookie form.
Cinnamon Pecan Butter Cookies
makes 7-8 dozen
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 cups all purpose flour
- 3 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups butter (3 sticks)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Vanilla Butter and Nut Flavoring
- 5-6 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir together 1/2 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Cut butter into flour with a pastry blender or 2 knives. Beat in eggs, vanilla and milk. Stir in Pecans. Roll dough into 1 inch balls then roll balls in the cinnamon sugar. Place on ungreased cookie trays.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until just starting to turn golden. Let rest on tray for 5 minutes before removing to racks to cool completely.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Serving Size:2 cookies
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 203Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 203mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 2g
Love pecans as much as I do? Here are some more great recipes to try