Pecan Tea Time Tassies-bite sized tarts with the flavor of Pecan Pie
I’ve always loved these tarts. Easy to make and even easier to eat. My Grandma used to make them when I was a kid. I never thought about where the recipe came from.
Then I was introduced to Pampered Chef products. The recipe came with one of their tools or the mini muffin tin or in one of their cookbooks, I can’t remember. Anyway, I fell in love with them all over again.
I’ve always said, there’s no such thing as an original recipe. There are adaptations on recipes but people have been cooking and baking since we figured out how to make fire.
Good recipes are meant to be shared. The end. I’m not saying if you are publishing a recipe that you shouldn’t give credit where credit is due. We don’t always know where a recipe came from. Or if someone else had the same great idea. So many recipes get handed down from mother to daughter, generation to generation.
Pampered Chef was started in 1980. The recipe I adapted (it’s the same one as Pampered Chef’s) is published in one of my Grandma’s old cookbooks, copyright 1975. And I’m sure it’s been around long before that.
It’s a good recipe. I hope my children will be passing it on to their children and grandchildren.
Then just fill and bake!
Dust with some powdered sugar and you got the perfect pecan treat for any party.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
recipe adapted from Virginia Hospitality
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup all purpose flour
for the filling
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- Cream together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add in flour and mix until completely combined. Place dough in a covered container and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place in mini muffin tins, Press dough up sides of tin to create a shell.
- For the filling, beat egg well then add brown sugar, butter, vanilla and salt. Mix again till well combined. Stir in pecans.
- Spoon filling into prepared pastry lined cups.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely before removing from tins. If needed, loosen tassies by running a plastic knife around edges.
Want more pecan treats?
Pecan Pie Bark from Wishes and Dishes
Pecan Squares from Barbara Bakes
Butter Pecan Toffee Cookies from Couponing and Cooking