Chocolate Mousse Cake – deep rich mousse with a walnut crust!
I’m always on the hunt for a good Chocolate Mousse. Rich, dense, smooth, decadent. It’s a lifelong quest, you might saY. my burden to bear.
So while I love Chocolate Mousse. the Hubby is against anything with raw egg. Most chocolate mousse is made with raw egg. I know what you’re thinking, what about cookie dough and cake batter? Nope, he won’t touch them. He used to try and forbid the kids from licking the beaters but we’d just go behind his back and do it anyway. After many years, he just pretends not to see it but he still doesn’t approve.
Now the kids, they’ve grown to understand, there’s a place for raw eggs. Beaters, spatulas and mixing bowls are to be licked. Smart kids. They take after their mama.
I really don’t know why I try so hard to find a mousse he’ll like. After all, it’s more for me if he’s not having any. I think I just want to “win” the battle, make him see things my way, come over to the dark side, the “dark chocolate side.”
This Chocolate Mousse Cake may have done it. It’s baked, no raw eggs. It’s not light and fluffy. It’s dense and rich and decadent.
This cake is also the perfect cake to help my friend Carla of Chocolate Moosey celebrate her birthday!
Not only does Carla make amazing treats like Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Texas Sheet Cake and Cookie Cutter Fudge for Christmas Presents, she makes Spiced Cookie Dough Ice Cream and Mexican Hot Cocoa Sandwich Cookies. Carla is an even sweeter friend than the treats she can make. She’s got Photography Tutorials and Twitter tutorials and prop tutorials on her blog. She just recently posted the best ever how to create a Recipe index. She’s an active member of several blogging groups both on facebook and Google +.
So Happy Birthday My Friend!
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Pinterest | instagram
Chocolate Mousse Cake for Chocolate Moosey
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 16 ounces semi sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped or 3 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- In a food processor, finely chop nuts, then add butter and pulse to combine. Press evenly into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch spring-form pan.
- For the filling-in a medium saucepan, heat chocolate and cream over low heat, stirring constantly until chocolate is melted and smooth. remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl beat together eggs and vanilla at low speed until foamy. Increase speed to high and gradually add in flour and sugar until thick, about 10 minutes.
- Fold into chocolate 1/3 of egg mixture, taking time to combine.
- Next fold chocolate mixture, one half at a time into egg mixture. Spread batter into prepared crust. Place springform pan on cookie sheet and bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 40-45 minutes, until puffed around outer edges and center is set when gently shaken.
- Cool on wire rack for 30 minutes before removing sides to cool completely.
- Chill for 4 hours or overnight before serving.
And Carla, It’s not just me that’s wishing you a Happy Birthday…
Just look what everyone else whipped up to help you celebrate!
- Coconut Fudge Cream-Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars ~ Juanita’s Cocina
- Chocolate Mousse Cake for Chocolate Moosey ~ Chocolate, Chocolate, and More
- Chocolate Moose Cookies | Happy Birthday Chocolate Moosey ~ Cravings of a Lunatic
- Individual Funfetti Cake ~ The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Chocolate Moose Cupcakes ~ Daily Dish Recipes
- Torticas de Moron (Cuban Sugar Cookies) ~ Magnolia Days
- Funfetti Cookie Cups ~ The Messy Baker
- Happy Birthday Thumbprint Cookies ~ Family Foodie
- Lemon Poppyseed Layer Cake for a Chocolate Moosey Birthday ~ Gotta Get Baked
- Blackberry Cobbler ~ Jen’s Favorite Cookies
And if you still need more-
Leave a Reply