Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookies, the perfect alternative for those with Nut allergies. Oh and the salty from the pretzel gives these cookies the perfect sweet/salty combination!
I never really think about people who have food allergies. I’m blessed that no one in my family has them. We all just eat whatever we feel like with know worries that a horrible reaction could occur.
For those that do have them though, they have to be careful. Nuts are a huge issue for many people.
Nuts bring so much to recipes, taste, texture. And to a chocolate chip cookie, it becomes a whole new cookie.
Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies, Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies, Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies, you get what I’m saying. The additional ingredient after the chocolate chips changes everything.
When that ingredient is pretzels…lets just say if I ever have to give up nuts, I can still be happy, at least in the cookie world.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup broken pretzels
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt, just stir with a fork to blend. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars. add in eggs and flavoring, mix well. Be sure to scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add in flour mixture, I add 1/2 at a time, mix well. Stir in pretzels and chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoonfuls (I use a medium cookie scoop) onto a cookie tray. These cookies spread so make sure to leave room between cookies. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 8-10 minutes, in my oven they are done at 8 1/2 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing to racks to cool completely.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Looking for more Nut Free cookie ideas?