Chocolate Brownie Pudding-a crisp brownie crust on top with a gooey pudding on the bottom! Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream.
I know it’s hot outside. Or maybe it’s not where you are. Honestly, with air conditioning, it doesn’t matter what the temperature is outside, if you’re inside. Same with winter, hopefully we all have heat in our homes, and I look forward to pulling out my sweaters, or snuggling under a blanket on the couch.
I don’t let the weather stop me from baking what I want, when I want it.
And you are going to want this Chocolate Brownie Pudding. For dessert, and breakfast, and everything in between.
It’s hard to tell from a photo how gooey good that bottom layer is. Like eating a warm fudge. The top develops a crust like a brownie, only thicker. Crisp, crunchy and chocolatey.
The secret is whipping the eggs until they are a pale, pale yellow. This creates a mousse like batter.
The other secret is baking in a water bath. If you’ve never baked using the water bath method, don’t let it scare you off. All it is, is, placing your baking dish inside of another larger baking pan that’s filled with water. You want to make sure your bottom pan has tall enough sides so the water can go half way up the outside of your baking dish.
The steam from the water, while baking, will create magic. Delicious, gooey, crispy, chocolatey magic.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter, melted
- Place eggs and sugar in a large mixing bowl, Beat on medium speed until thickened and a pale yellow color, about 8 minutes.
- Sift flour and cocoa powder together. Add flour mixture to egg mixture and stir, just until combined.
- Add in vanilla extract and melted butter, mix until incorporated into batter.
- Pour batter into a buttered 2 quart baking dish.
- Place filled baking dish into a larger baking dish and fill with enough hot water to come halfway up the inner baking dish, creating a water bath.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let cool for 30 minutes if serving warm or cool completely to serve later.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream.
You might also enjoy these chocolate treats
Brownie Bottom Cheesecake from Roxana’s Home Baking
Double Chocolate Banana Bread from Wine and Glue
Nutella Mousse Cups from The Gunny Sack
Chocolate Crack Pie from The Kitchen is my Playground
Brownie Oreo Ice Cream Bars from Chelsea’s Messy Apron