Fat Man’s Delight-luscious layers of cheesecake filling, chocolate pudding and cool whip all on top of a pecan crust. Can easily be made low sugar/calorie.
We have to talk about this dessert. I can’t stand the name, Fat Man’s Delight. Honestly, I feel like I’m being insulting, so everyone, please do not take offence. I tried to think of a better name for this dessert. 4-layer delight. Cheesecake, Pudding, Coolwhip Dessert?
The name couldn’t just have chocolate in the name. It’s so much more than chocolate. And it couldn’t just be about the cheesecake, although I do love the cheesecake layer.
What makes this dessert so good is how all the flavors blend together in your mouth, not overpowering each other, fighting for the attention of your taste buds. So I just left the name alone. It’s what we’ve always called it.
You wanna know the real surprise flavor in this dessert? It’s the crust. No sugar in it so it completely balances the sweetness from the other layers. Those crunchy pecans are the perfect foundation to build this dessert on.
You can easily make this dessert a dieter’s dream. Just a few simple substitutions. Use sugar free pudding mix and the lower fat cream cheese and cool whip. Change out the powdered sugar for artificial sweetener and no one will ever notice the difference.
for the crust
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces cool whip
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 box instant chocolate pudding (4 serving size)
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding (4 serving size)
- 3 cups milk
- additional 8 ounce cool whip for topping
- Combine crust ingredients and press into a 9x13 baking pan. Don't worry if there are holes in the crust.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 18-20 minutes. Lett cool completely.
- Cheesecake layer-Beat together cream cheese, and sugar then stir in cool whip until smooth. Spread evenly over crust.
- Pudding layer-combine both pudding mixes with milk and whisk until combined then stir for an additional 2 minutes until thickened. Spread over cheesecake layer.
- Top with additional cool whip.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Looking for other delightful fun desserts?