Chocolate Candy Bar Ice Cream Pie-an easy dessert to cool down on a hot day and the kids loving help make it!
You’ve gotta love summertime. Great weather (most days.) Fresh fruits and veggies. The kids are out of school. Vacations. The pool, the beach, the water hose-Playing in water.
And fun treats.
Before we get to this Chocolate Candy Bar Ice Cream Pie, I need to share a little with you.
First off, I love facebook. It’s a great way to keep up with family and friends. Doesn’t matter if they are just around the corner, across the country or even in another country. Facebook is usually all the nice stuff. The pretty photos of kids, the perfect flower in someone’s garden, someone’s spotless house.
Life is not perfect. Sometimes we forget this when we see everyone else’s life through facebook.
My sweet friend Heather of Heather’s French Press started posting #KeepingItReal posts. The real life we don’t want others to see. The I haven’t showered or even combed my hair yet and it’s dinnertime already. The kids have worn the same clothes for 3 days in a row because 1) I haven’t done the laundry in 2 weeks 2) they don’t care and 3) it’s summertime, I don’t care either. The countdown all parents are secretly doing for school to start back.
Oh and let’s not forget, just because we are food people, please don’t think every meal we eat is just like you see in a magazine.
Especially in my house. There’s a reason I don’t share main dishes very often. Or even sweets every day. Yes, I try to make the kids sit down at the dinner table every night, as a family. We chat, we joke, we enjoy each other’s company for 20-30 minutes before they scatter. But what you don’t see? Sometimes we are eating cereal. Yup, everyone loves breakfast for dinner, right? Sometimes, we forage in the fridge for the leftovers and everyone is eating something different. Oh and not even using plates, just eating out of the plastic container the leftovers were stored in. But we are together. Just #KeepingItReal here.
We do have good wholesome meals, just not everyday. And there is nothing wrong with paper plates, less dishes, right?
So back to this Chocolate Candy Bar Ice Cream Pie. It’s summertime. I’m #KeepingItReal. I just wanted an easy cool dessert. That’s what this is. You can change it up and use vanilla ice cream. Use any candy you want…or even fruit! Just see what you have in the cabinets and have fun with it. The kids loved it, sitting in the living room, watching some cartoon, about an hour BEFORE dinner. Yeah, just #KeepingItReal
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorite” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!
- 1 ready made Graham Cracker Crust
- 6-7 cups chocolate ice cream
- 1-1 1/2 cups chopped candy bars (I used Reeses peanut Butter Cups, Hershey's Chocolate Bars and Kit Kats, 2 bars of each)
- 2-4 tablespoons Hot Fudge Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Prepare the crust. Using about 2 tablespoons of hot fudge sauce, spread a thin layer up sides and in the crease of the crust. This will help prevent cracking when serving. Set aside.
- Place ice cream in a bowl and let soften for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once ice cream is the consistency of soft serve, stir in candy pieces.Spoon ice cream into prepared crust, smoothing it to the edges. Place pie in freezer for 20 minutes.
- Prepare whipped cream topping. Combine cream and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat with electric mixer until stiff peaks just begin to form. Do not over beat.
- Remove pie from freezer and add whipped cream topping. Return to the freezer for at least one hour. Before serving, drizzle remaining hot fudge sauce over top.
- To serve-remove pie form freezer and let sit for 10 minutes before slicing. Place a sharp knife in a cup of hot water for 2 minutes before slicing pie, this will help the pie slice easier.
you can replace the whipped cream topping with cool whip.
Recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Want to see more #KeepingItReal? Follow me on Instagram! It’s where I share some of the behind the scenes photos and also some of the chaos that is our life. How do you #KeepItReal?
Stop by Heather’s French Press and check out these cool treats
Almond Joy Frozen Hot Chocolate
Key Lime Pie Pudding Pops
Toasted Marshmallow Ice Cream