Easy Chocolate Ice Cream-no machine needed!
I didn’t believe ice cream could be good without an Ice Cream maker. I’d seen all these recipes floating around last year. My friend Dorothy at Crazy for Crust even did a round up post of them. I had to find out for myself.
I grew up on machine made ice cream. We had an electric machine but I remember using a hand crank machine with my cousins when I was little. Everyone had to take a turn. And then another turn. By the time the ice cream was done we were so ready for that ice cold, still soft ice cream.
It didn’t matter what flavor it was. It was hot outside and that ice cream sure was cool sliding down our parched throats! Chocolate was always my favorite, of course. So rich and creamy.
Now, as a parent, even with an electric machine, I don’t always have the time to make homemade ice cream. Even a simple recipe still takes 40-50 minutes in a machine, before freezing. (and we won’t even talk about the noise mine makes.)
So I had to try this “easy” Ice cream. It’s heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk. Then you add in your flavors, your extras, to make it special. Could it really be that good?
I’m here to tell you, I may never use that machine again! Less than 10 minutes work, and the ice cream was in the freezer. When I served it to the kids they had no idea I didn’t use the machine. It was creamy, it was smooth, it was everything “real” ice cream is supposed to be.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stir together sweetened condensed milk, cocoa powder and vanilla in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer, Whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form (do not over beat.)
- Fold sweetened milk mixture into whipped cream. Pour into a 2 quart container, cover and freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
You can count on many more “easy” Ice Cream recipes from me soon. I’m hooked!
in the meantime, if you need more easy cool treats