Brownie Bottom Cheesecake Bars-a fudgy brownie bottom topped with a classic cheesecake top, the best of two delicious desserts in every bite!
What do you do when you can’t decide which of your favorite recipes to make? You combine them.
It happens too often. I know I want to bake. I know what the kids will love (Chocolate chip cookies!) but I want something everyone will enjoy. And I want something cool. It’s summertime. As much as I love a cookie still warm from the oven, it doesn’t have the same effect when it’s almost 100 degrees outside.
Cheesecake is always cooling. And creamy. And decadent. And honestly, I love anything that starts with cream cheese.
Stacked on top of a rich fudgy brownie and you have a match made in heaven. Or at least your kitchen. You could take these bars to the next level by adding chocolate chips into the brownie, or the cheesecake, or both. You could cover them in a chocolate ganache drizzle. But they don’t need it.
Save that chocolate for something else.
I use my longest sharp knife, heated in a cup of hot water, then wiped dry for clean slices.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Facebook | Twitter | Google+
Pinterest | instagram
Brownie Bottom Cheesecake Bars
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 16 ounces (2 large bars) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Make Brownie Layer-Lightly beat eggs then add sugar, butter and vanilla. Stir well till all combined and butter does not separate from mixture.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to egg mixture in thirds. mix just until all blended.
- Spoon into a greased and floured 9 x 13 pan. (I line my pan with parchment paper.) Spread to edges. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes, just until crust starts to form on top.
- While brownies are baking prepare cheesecake layer-In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add in sour cream and sugar and beat again.
- Add eggs, one at a time, to cream cheese mixture, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla extract and beat one more time.
- Spoon mixture on top of pre baked brownie bottom, smoothing to completely brownie layer. Return to oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, until center no longer wobbles and edges are just starting to turn golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before refrigerating. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Want more cheesecake desserts?
Chocolate Cheesecake filled Cupcakes
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars
Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
Strawberry Cheesecake Napoleons from Shugary Sweets
No Bake Lime Cheesecake from Chef in Training
Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake Tart from Chocolate Moosey
Leave a Reply