Honey Bun Cake-so much better than the snack it’s named after!
Hubby came back from a trip yesterday. I slept well last night. I didn’t wake up until he brought me my coffee in bed. Yes I’m spoiled.
So I wanted to make him something special for breakfast. Hubby loves Honey Buns, you know those buns, wrapped in plastic, with a shelf life of a million years. Kids go nuts for them too.
This cake is perfect. I’ve made it many times. I originally found it over at The Country Cook. I’ve tried changing up the recipe but honestly, when it’s right, it’s right. I will say you can substitute plain yogurt for the sour cream, I’ve done that and it’s just as good. And it does make it a bit healthier for you.
Oh and while you’re over visiting with Brandie, check out her Cheesy Chicken Tater Tot Casserole. I’ve made that one too and everyone loved it!
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream (or plain yogurt)
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 5-6 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Blend brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside. Stir together cake mix, sour cream, eggs and oil.
- I just whisked it all together, lumps are fine. Spoon half of your batter into a greased or sprayed 9 x 13 pan (or something close) Spread to the edges. Sprinkle brown sugar mixture over top, it'll seem like a lot but use it all.
- Spoon remaining batter over top, try to cover top evenly but don't try to spread it. Using a knife, swirl batter, just run the knife in a zig-zag.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40-45 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While cake is baking, mix up your glaze. Combine powdered sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Once cake is done, remove from oven and drizzle glaze over top.
- Let set for five long minutes before cutting and serving.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Want more easy desserts?