to the rescue. I’ve mentioned I love this cookbook before. One of my favorites.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorite” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!
Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 2 2/3 C. flour
- 1-8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
- 7 eggs separated
- 3 1/2 C. sugar
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. baking powder
- 1 1/4 C. butter, softened
- 2 t. butter extract
- Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan. I need a flat cake so I'm using a 9 x 13 pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Beat the egg whites until stiff. You want a peak to form when you lift your beater out.
- Beat the butter, cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. I creamed the butter and cream cheese and then added my sugar. Beat in egg yolks one at a time., beating well after each one.
- Beat in the butter extract, salt, baking powder and flour. Gently fold in the egg whites into the batter. Take your time on this, you want the egg whites to keep your batter fluffy. If you break the egg whites down during this process, you will have a flatter cake.
- Pour into pan and bake for 1 hour. I baked my 9 x 13 cake for 35 minutes, checked it with a toothpick then cooked for another 10 minutes. Perfect. Serves 12.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
The recipe doesn’t mention cooling so I let my cake rest for 15 minutes then turned it out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
In case you didn’t know, you trim the edges off of a cake for petit fours. And that leaves cake “scraps”…and well, we wouldn’t want anything to go to waste…..
Waste not, want not? Wouldn’t want anything to waste…
want more cake?
Chocolate Applesauce Bundt Cake
and here’s the cookbook that this recipe came from
Leave a Reply