Coffee Cake in a mug-when you just want one serving, not a whole cake, and it’s so good!
I’ve saved the best for last.
This one is a little bit of work but it’s so worth it!
I love coffee cake fresh out of the oven, still warm, with a little glaze drizzled over top.
Now I can have it any time I want! And in less than 10 minutes, probably 5 if I don’t get distracted.
Or you could eat them both yourself, I won’t tell.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Coffee Cake in a mug
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons butter, cold
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons milk
- You can mix the batter directly in the mug or you can make it up in a separate dish.
- Place softened butter in dish then add sugar. mix until creamy and smooth.
- Add in your egg, and beat again.
- Now for your sour cream and vanilla. Stir again. You're almost there.
- Add in flour and baking powder and blend.
- Now combine your crumb topping ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Using a fork, blend the ingredients till crumbly.
- Now just put it all together, if you mixed in the mug just add the crumb topping on top.
- I like to layer mine. Batter, some crumbly, more batter, then the rest of the crumbs.
- Place in the microwave and cook on high for 1 minute. If your making 2 mugs from this recipe, it's probably done. If you made one large mug you probably need to bake for another 20-30 seconds.
- Combine your powdered sugar and milk, stirring until creamy and smooth. Now drizzle over your warm coffee cake.
adapted from Prudent Baby
I can see myself making these the night before for the kids, putting them in the fridge and then letting them pull them out before school in the mornings. Oh yes, super cool mom points!