Cinnamon Spice Protein Muffins, the perfect way to start off your day.
This post is sponsored by Visalus, all opinions are my own.
Our summer might as well be over already. Band Camp has started for the High School marching Band. In July! Three weeks of marching around in the heat, practicing new music, marching some more. 8am to 4 pm every day this week. That’s a hard day’s work, even if you are a teenager.
This is Cassie’s first year in Marching band. I know she can do it but I don’t want her to be the one dragging at the end of the day. And it’s really a long day. The bus picks them up at the middle school at 7am, and they don’t get back until 4:30 in the afternoon.
They have these cool hydration backpacks they wear while marching so at least I know she’s getting enough water.
The school’s not really open so it’s sack lunches. Cassie is my picky eater so I know she’s not grabbing carrots or fruit to snack on. I have to sneak healthy in for her wherever I can. It’s what a mom has to do. I put veggies in cake and fruit in cookies. Oh, and Pecans in everything!
I baked these up while she was at camp and when she came home she saw them cooling on the table and immediately requested a sample. Score another win for mom. She’s requested I also make these for school mornings, easy to grab one on the way out the door on those early mornings.
We all loved the flavor pairing of the Sweet Cream Shake mix and Cinnamon!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons Visalus Shake Mix (or other protein powder)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, grease muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- Combine all dry ingredients except pecans in large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together Milk, egg and butter.
- Add milk mixture to dry ingredients and stir until completely moistened. Stir in pecans.
- Spoon into prepared pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool completely on racks before storing in airtight container.
These freeze well.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Need more Muffin Love?