Chocolate Sugar Cookies-so simple yet so good!
Sometimes you just get in a mood. You want something. Something to nibble on. You look through all the cabinets. Nothing looks good. You stand in front of the refrigerator, with the door open. Letting all the cold air out, for at least 5 minutes. Still, nothing.
So you walk away. Still craving something, but you don’t know what. You don’t want chips, you don’t want to make a sandwich. The leftovers from the day before looked good but you’re saving them for dinner.
So you take out some butter but have no idea what you’ll make. You know all good things start with butter.
You go do some chores, maybe a little work. As a food blogger, you’ve learned to multi-task. You can edit photos in between loads of laundry.
You finally return to the kitchen to make something with the butter. You open your baking cabinet and it all just comes together.
The perfect Chocolate Sugar Cookie.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Facebook | Twitter | Google+
Pinterest | instagram
Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar for rolling
- Cream together butter and brown sugar with a mixer until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition, and then vanilla.
- Combine cocoa powder, flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture. Mix well.
- Refrigerate dough for one hour.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough and place into granulated sugar, roll around to coat. Place sugar coated dough on lightly greased or parchment lined baking sheet, space cookies 2 inches apart. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 9-10 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before removing to racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
My favorite products for making perfect cookies every time
Want more cookies?
Cream Cheese Chocolate Croissant Cookies
Leave a Reply