Cake Mix Cookies-so yummy, who cares if it started with a box mix!
OK, don’t hate me. I know how some of you feel about cake mixes. And I usually like to make everything from scratch. But I do always keep a few cake mixes on hand for emergencies.
You know the ones, the kids or the hubby comes home and says “hey, can you make something up for me for tomorrow morning?” And it’s already 8:00 pm? I’m tired.
Give me some notice and I’ll be creative. Once the dinner dishes are done though, the kitchen’s closed. So I have cake mix in my pantry.
I never would have thought to try these if it wasn’t for the Novice Chef posting these Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies. They look so pretty and so festive.
And they were made with Red Velvet cake mix. One of the cake mixes in my cabinet is/was Red Velvet. I don’t care for Red Velvet but there was a great sale at the store, and Mom, being kind, just grabbed me an assortment of mixes and restocked my pantry. Can’t complain about that, now can I? So of course when I saw Jessica’s cookies, I knew what I was going to do.
And Grace is still selling cookies every week to raise money for her DC trip.
Cake Mix Cookies
Makes 2 dozen cookies
Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 box cake mix (any brand)
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons melted butter ****
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Combine cake mix, eggs and butter in a large mixing bowl. Combine either using a mixer or by hand. I did it both ways, and either is fine.
- Roll dough into balls, about 1 inch. Now toss those balls around in your powdered sugar to coat lightly, or heavily if the kids are helping. Either way is good. Place on lightly greased or parchment lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- These will spread a bit. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for about 12 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing to racks to cool completely.
*** you can also use margarine or oil in place of the butter. I checked several recipes, including Duncan Hines and most of them used the oil. I just prefer butter, butter makes everything better.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Serving Size:2 cookies
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 244Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 375mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information is provided as a guideline only. Please consult a dietitian if you have specific dietary needs.
Play around with your cake mixes.
These cookies were a huge hit! Fast to make, and since it’s a cake mix, your possibilities are endless for the flavors. How about a spiced cake mix with some nuts thrown in?
I’m linking up at some of these great parties.
Leave a Reply