This Quick Apple Crisp is so easy to make and the family loves it. I always keep a box of yellow cake mix in the cabinet just for this recipe!
As a kid, the only fruit I would eat was apples. Oh and lemons, I loved sucking on a lemon wedge. They still remain my favorite although I have allowed a few other fruits like strawberries, blueberries, grapes, blackberries and raspberries into my life. I do also like the citric fruits like oranges and grapefruit but I have to be careful eating those fruits as I have a strange allergic reaction to them.
We won’t even talk about the vegetables I wouldn’t eat, the list is really short on what I would eat that was healthy. I’m the kid the multivitamin people were doing the marketing for.
Since I was such a picky eater, It never mattered how much apples cost, if they were out of season, my mom would make sure I had apples whenever I asked for them. I’d eat them in any form, applesauce, pie, raw, sliced with dip. Just don’t try and sneak raisins in with them or something else. I’ll know and I won’t eat it.
This Apple Crisp is one of the first apple recipes I learned to make on my own. It’s one of my favorites and it’s quick and easy. Just slice up the apples, crumble the topping over the apples and pop in the oven just before you sit down to dinner. Nothing will make a kids eat all their dinner faster than smelling this crisp baking in the oven while eating dinner.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorite” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!
Quick Apple Crisp
- 6 small tart apples or 4 large (I use granny smith)
- 9 ounces yellow cake mix (I use Jiffy, keep it in the cabinet just for this)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Slice apples and place in a square baking pan or pie plate also works well. Spread to cover the bottom of your baking dish.
- Combine cake mix, cinnamon, nutmeg and nuts in a small bowl. just stir with a fork. Add in melted butter and stir together until combined and all dry ingredients are moist. Crumble topping over apples.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes. Until apples are bubbly and topping is just beginning to brown. Serve warm with ice cream or fresh whipped cream.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Here’s the list of all of us participating in Apple week!