Brownie Cookies, the great taste of a brownie with the convenience of a cookie
Do you ever get a craving for something? And just really want it? Today?
I love brownies but I really like the convenience of a cookie. Ok, I’ll be honest, I feel guilty when I take 2 brownies and scarf them down with a glass of milk. But with cookies, I can eat 2 or 3 and I’m ok. Not so much guilt. And it’s also less noticeable when I go back and sneak another one.
I had pinned these cookies a while back from Haniela’s. They just looked so good. I didn’t have all the ingredients so I adapted to what I did have. These cookies were perfect for that brownie fix. They stay soft and moist. And the deep, rich chocolate flavor is to die for.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorite” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!
adapted from Haniela’s
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 10 tablespoons cocoa, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Melt butter in small saucepan on stove. Whisk in 6 tablespoons of cocoa (reserving the rest) until well combined and smooth. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In small bowl combine flour, remaining 4 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt. Stir just to blend. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl, combine, cocoa/butter mixture, sugar and eggs. Slowly add in flour mixture. Make sure to combine well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate dough for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes before removing to cooling racks.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Note-I’ve made these cookies several times and this recipe is a true winner.
I also taken some new pictures so I’ve added those updated photos to this post. Sometimes it’s good to look back and remember how much a skill has improved so I’m leaving my first photo of these cookies here.
Want more chocolate cookie ideas?