I’m always on the hunt for a good Chocolate Mousse. Rich, dense, smooth, decadent. It’s a lifelong quest, you might saY. my burden to bear.
So while I love Chocolate Mousse. the Hubby is against anything with raw egg. Most chocolate mousse is made with raw egg. I know what you’re thinking, what about cookie dough and cake batter? Nope, he won’t touch them. He used to try and forbid the kids from licking the beaters but we’d just go behind his back and do it anyway. After many years, he just pretends not to see it but he still doesn’t approve.
Now the kids, they’ve grown to understand, there’s a place for raw eggs. Beaters, spatulas and mixing bowls are to be licked. Smart kids. They take after their mama.
I really don’t know why I try so hard to find a mousse he’ll like. After all, it’s more for me if he’s not having any. I think I just want to “win” the battle, make him see things my way, come over to the dark side, the “dark chocolate side.”
This cake may have done it. It’s baked, no raw eggs. It’s not light and fluffy. It’s dense and rich and decadent.
This cake is also the perfect cake to help my friend Carla of Chocolate Moosey celebrate her birthday!
Not only does Carla make amazing treats like Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Texas Sheet Cake and Cookie Cutter Fudge for Christmas Presents, she makes Spiced Cookie Dough Ice Cream and Mexican Hot Cocoa Sandwich Cookies. Carla is an even sweeter friend than the treats she can make. She’s got Photography Tutorials and Twitter tutorials and prop tutorials on her blog. She just recently posted the best ever how to create a Recipe index. She’s an active member of several blogging groups both on facebook and Google +.
So Happy Birthday My Friend!
And Carla, It’s not just me that’s wishing you a Happy Birthday…
Just look what everyone else whipped up to help you celebrate!
- Coconut Fudge Cream-Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars ~ Juanita’s Cocina
- Chocolate Mousse Cake for Chocolate Moosey ~ Chocolate, Chocolate, and More
- Chocolate Moose Cookies | Happy Birthday Chocolate Moosey ~ Cravings of a Lunatic
- Individual Funfetti Cake ~ The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Chocolate Moose Cupcakes ~ Daily Dish Recipes
- Torticas de Moron (Cuban Sugar Cookies) ~ Magnolia Days
- Funfetti Cookie Cups ~ The Messy Baker
- Happy Birthday Thumbprint Cookies ~ Family Foodie
- Lemon Poppyseed Layer Cake for a Chocolate Moosey Birthday ~ Gotta Get Baked
- Blackberry Cobbler ~ Jen’s Favorite Cookies
I’m sharing at some of these great parties.