White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies-A crisp vanilla cookie with lots of white chocolate and macadamia nuts in every bite!
When you are a food blogger, specifically a sweets blogger, people have certain expectations for you. You’re always the first one asked to provide sweets for a bake sale. No big deal. I’m happy to help out and it gets cookies, brownies and cake out of my house! A potluck dinner, why yes, of course, I’ll be bringing dessert.
I don’t know why I was surprised (and not better prepared) when my stepdaughter came to visit a few weeks ago. The first words out of her mouth were “you didn’t bake me anything special?”
In my defense, she did change her travel plans and showed up a week early with just a few hours notice. I opened up my baking cabinet and asked, What do you want me to make?
These White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies were her request. So simple to make, and of course I had all the ingredients. Using all granulated sugar gives the cookies a crispness, you don’t usually get when brown sugar is also used. And I like the lighter color to go with the white chocolate.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Cream butter and sugar, in mixing bowl, until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add in eggs, one at a time, then add in vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add to mixing bowl and mix until well combines. Stir in white chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons (I use a medium cookie scoop) onto a baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 9-10 minutes, just until edges start to turn golden.
- Remove from oven and let rest on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to racks to cool completely.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Want more cookies?