White Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Rods-easy to make and always make a great impression! Change up the sprinkles to match any holiday or occasion.
This time of year, it’s all about easy. My kids are officially out of school for the next 3 weeks. Even though my kids are older (teenagers) they still have short attention spans when it comes to spending time in the kitchen.
They need to be doing something. If cookies are in the oven for 8-10 minutes baking and I don’t have something else for them to do, I’ve lost them. Tom and Jerry or Sponge Bob will lure them away.
They need to have something to do in that 8 minute time span. Until they can get to the hot out of the oven cookies. Playing with melted chocolate is always a winner. There’s not much you can’t dip in melted chocolate. Pretzels are always a winner in my house. In fact, they’re probably one of the most popular treats.
They’re portable, you can grab a few, then wander back to whatever it was you were doing.
They’re pretty, so they make a perfect food gift.
And they are super easy to make. At least here in my house. Here’s my secret-
I found this mini crock pot at Bed, Bath and Beyond about 5 years ago for $5.00. It holds maybe 2 cups, so not good for much. Except for melting chocolate! It’s perfect, the ceramic pot is removeable for easy washing, it holds the heat (which is important in a cold house!) I have 2 of them so I can do both white chocolate and milk chocolate at the same time! If you ever come across a mini crock pot at a bargain price, just think chocolate and buy one or 2. You can also find the Mini Crock Pot on Amazon.
White Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Rods
- 1 package pretzel rods
- 1 package white chocolate candy melts or Almond Bark
- 1 tablespoon shortening (Crisco) if needed
- Melt your chocolate according to package directions (or use your mini crock pot!) If the chocolate is a little thick add some shortening to thin it.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Break pretzel Rods in half. Dip broken end in melted chocolate, tap excess off. To avoid dripping, give your wrist a little twist to turn the pretel.
- Sprinkle a few sprinkles on melted chocolate then place dipped pretzel on wax paper to harden.
- Repeat with remaining pretzels.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
I’ll have another easy treat using this mini crock tomorrow so be sure to pop back over to check it out! In the meantime, here are some other easy treats to make up!
Strawberries and Cream White Chocolate Bark
White Chocolate Fudge with Cranberries and Pistachios
and if you still need more
this post contains affiliate links, a girl’s gotta pay for her chocolate!
Leave a Reply