Everything is bigger in Texas! The chocolate flavor of these Texas Chocolate cookies is HUGE!
These cookies are a play on the Texas sheet cake. If you are looking for chocolate it’s all here.
The cookies are good by themselves but when you add the fudgy frosting it really takes them to a different level. So rich and sweet that you can only eat a couple at a time.
That just makes them last a little longer but don’t worry they will all be gone in no time.
My grandmother used to make a similar frosting for our birthday cakes when I was young. I love the way it gets a little crunchy on the outside after it sits for a little while.
The chocolate cookie is so good. I think I might have to make extra of them just to enjoy with a glass of milk. They are great for dunking.
I did make these with a box cake mix but if you don’t like boxed mix then just add the dry ingredients of your favorite chocolate cake recipe.
- One box of chocolate cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of oil
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Combine cake mix, eggs and oil in a bowl.
- Scoop by heaping tablespoons onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for approximately 8 minutes.
- While cookies are cooling heat the butter, cocoa and milk in a medium sauce pan until fully melted and combined.
- Remove from heat and stir in the powdered sugar.
- Pour frosting over cookies and then cool completely.