Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
- 12 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter, diced
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Add the baking chocolate and butter to a heatproof bowl.
- Microwave in 30 seconds increments, stirring every time it stops, until the chocolate and butter are melted and smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a mixing bowl add the eggs. With the paddle attachment on, beat on medium low speed until thick and pale in color.
- Stir in the chocolate mixture.
- Add the flour and baking powder.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and with a spatula, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate the cookie dough for at least 2 hours.
- Heat the oven to 350F.
- Using a large ice-cream scoop, drop cookie dough onto 2 baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool slightly on the baking sheets before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.