These Sweet Potato Praline Muffins are perfect for breakfast or dessert. Not only are they delicious but also nutritious. So moist and crunchy.
The sweet potatoes definitely add lots of extra flavor to these muffins.
Read below to see my tips on always having sweet potatoes that aren’t stringy.
A relative brought me a bag full of sweet potatoes the other day so I baked all of them. I had enough sweet potatoes to make a casserole and these amazing sweet potato praline muffins.
I was trying to think of things to make with that many sweet potatoes and I thought a plain muffin sounded too healthy for me so of course I added a praline topping.
At least the nutrients from the sweet potatoes made me feel like I was eating healthy.
When I buy sweet potatoes I always look for ones that are about the size of my fist. The ones that are long and skinny will usually have lots of strings.
The best way to avoid strings if you have them is to cut your potato against the grain so many times that there isn’t a string left and then mash your potatoes. Every time I see someone just mash a sweet potato without cutting it I just cringe.
Let me know how you like them.
Sweet potato muffin
- 3 cups mashed sweet potato
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease muffin tins.
- Measure out the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Mix sweet potatoes, sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla in large mixing bowl.
- Add flour mixture and stir in completely.
- In a separate bowl combine all of the praline topping ingredients and combine well.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 full with muffin mix. Add praline topping.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until knife inserted in the middle of the muffin comes out clean.
I baked my sweet potatoes for about an hour until they were very soft to the touch.
The muffins will be very moist and a little dense almost like a pumpkin bread.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 271Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 164mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 13gProtein: 3g