Simple Shortbread with Chocolate Ganache-just a few ingredients and you’ve got a delicious cookie, perfect to serve with coffee or tea.
Sometimes you need something easy. Something simple. something fast! You might have guests coming or just not a lot of time to spend in the kitchen.
You still want something tasty. Something that will impress the recipients of your effort.
Shortbread is always the answer. Just a few ingredients. If you’ve got a Name Your Link” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener noreferrer”>food processor, it’s just a minute or two of prep time. Even if you have to make it the old fashioned way with a Name Your Link” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener noreferrer”>pastry blender, it’s still only about 5 minutes. Then into the oven to bake.
It goes well with anything you serve with it. A cup of coffee, tea, a tall glass of milk. Shortbread has never met a beverage it didn’t get along with.
And it doesn’t need anything extra. Just served plain, the buttery goodness will show through in every bite.
But, I am a chocolate girl.
It’s just too easy to drizzle some chocolate ganache across the tops. Turning this simple shortbread into an elegant dessert.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorite” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!
Simple Shortbread with Chocolate ganache
- 1 1/2 cups butter, room temperature
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Using a food processor or a pastry blender, combine all ingredients for your shortbread until you have a crumb texture.
- Line a square 8x8 pan with Parchment paper. (I just do one long strip that goes up 2 sides so it's easy to lift out the shortbread when baked.)
- Press crumb mixture into prepared baking pan. Poke holes into top of shortbread using a fork or toothpick.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 25-30 minutes, just until edges start to turn golden. Remove from oven and let cool completely in pan.
- Remove shortbread from pan (using parchment paper to lift out) and with a large knife, cut into desired shape, squares or triangles.
- For the ganache. place chocolate and cream in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 1 minute on high in microwave. Just until chocolate starts to melt. Still until smooth and creamy. Heat for an additional 20 seconds if needed to melt chocolate. Transfer ganache to a plastic bag, Cut corner off bag and drizzle over cut shortbread.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Want more easy treats?
this post contains affiliate links, I’ve got to pay for my choclate some how!
Leave a Reply