Easy Cheeseburger Soup-can be ready in just 30 minutes!
When it comes to dinnertime, I want it fast and easy. With 3 teenagers, the time between school and dinner is prime time for the kids.
It’s when Mom’s taxi serve gets called in for duty. I don’t have the time (or the want) to spend a few hours making dinner. Dinner has to be efficient and still taste good.
I usually buy family packs of meat and chicken and just try to plan ahead. I’ll buy the 5 pack of chicken breasts, Use 3 the first night and then bake the other 2 for chicken salad or pot pie or whatever for another night.
I do the same with ground beef, that 2-3 pound family package is perfect to get 2 meals out of.
I’ll brown up all the beef then divide it, One night tacos, One night stroganoff, use it for spaghetti sauce. Or, I’ll use it for this soup. Having the ground beef already cooked and in the fridge, makes putting this soup together a snap.
And Fast. I can have this on the table in about 30 minutes. Just cut up a few veggies, toss them in your pot, add a few more ingredients, let it simmer. Serve with some good bread and you’ve got the perfect meal for a cold day!
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2-3 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 cup velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot, melt butter. add in carrots, celery and onions, Cook over medium heat until onions become translucent. About 5-8 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, potatoes and parsley, let come to a low boil and cook for 10 minutes, make sure potatoes are fully cooked.
- Turn heat down to low, stir in ground beef, cheese and milk, add salt and pepper to taste. Once cheese is melted and all ingredients are blended, serve with fresh bread.
Recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
and for dessert