Praline Pecan Fudge Swirl Ice Cream-buttery pecans, brown sugar and fudge swirl make this ice cream a decadent treat!
The end of August, can you believe it? Summer might as well be over. I know, Summer doesn’t officially end until the 3rd week of September, or something like that. But my kids have been back in school for 2 full weeks now. We’re going on week 3 of getting up at 5 am every stinkin day.
My poor kids are so tired when they get home, when it’s time for bed, I don’t even have to tell them, they’re already there. I just have to turn off the extra lights left on and pick up the occasional stray sock.
To add to the end of summer blues, it was cold this morning! Ok, not cold, but it was chilly. When I let the dog out at 5:30 (even the dog doesn’t want to get out of bed at 5am) it was 55 degrees. Don’t get me wrong, I love fall. I can’t wait to pull all my sweaters out. Fall means Friday night football games, the colors changing, opening the windows at night, Halloween….Halloween Candy!
Fall is like the opener for the Holiday season. So I like fall, a lot. But fall still means the end of summer.
And I like summer, no schedule, shorts and flip flops, cooking outside, beach time, swimming, cooking outside (oh I mentioned that one already) and Homemade Ice Cream.
I don’t know why we only make ice cream in the summer. Yes I do, it’s really hard to think about ice cold ice cream (even if it is the most yummy ever ice cream in the world) when you are freezing your butt off sitting on a metal bleacher at that Friday night football game and it’s 20 degrees and windy.
Since fall is creeping in, this Praline Pecan Fudge Swirl Ice cream is probably the last homemade ice cream we’ll have until next spring, unless we have a heatwave come through. It’s all god, you always save the best for last.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorite” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!
Praline Pecan Fudge Swirl Ice Cream
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 generous cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup hot fudge sauce, cold
- Combine sugar, flour, salt and milk in a saucepan, over medium heat, cook until bubbles start to form around edges. Stirring constantly, add 1/2 cup of milk mixture into beaten eggs to temper.
- Add egg mixture back into milk mixture in saucepan. Stirring constantly, continue to cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and refrigerate for 1 hour to completely cool.
- Whisk together cream and vanilla, add milk mixture to cream and whisk again. Follow Ice Cream maker directions to freeze.
- Saute pecans in butter over medium heat for about 5 minutes. let cool then add to ice cream about 5 minutes before done.
- When Ice cream is done, spread soft ice cream into a 9x9 pan and drizzle fudge sauce over top. Use a knife point to swirl into ice cream. Place in freezer at least one hour before serving to firm up.
Recipe Source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Want some more frozen treats?
Chocolate Candy Bar Ice Cream Pie
Leave a Reply