Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream with Andes Mints-because you can never have too much mint and chocolate!!
I’ve owned my ice cream maker for at least 10 years. I go through spurts of making ice cream, My maker actually sat in the back of the storage room for 3 summers in a row at one point.
Sometimes it’s just easier to pick up a gallon of ice cream at the store. And I do keep a gallon of the cheap vanilla ice cream in the freezer. It’s great for emergencies, like when you need a milkshake now! And since I almost always add something to my milkshakes, it’s ok that it’s not top shelf ice cream.
That said, there is nothing better in this world than homemade ice cream. Knowing the ingredients that go in. Sugar, Milk, Whipping cream, some flavor, some chocolate…good stuff. And only the good stuff.
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream has always been my favorite flavor. And I always loved the green version. It just looked minty-er. Food coloring is optional but don’t skimp on the Andes Candy. Those chocolate mint candies just put this ice cream over the top.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorite” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2n teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped Andes mints
- 2-3 drops green food coloring-optional
- In medium saucepan, scald milk until bubbles start to form. Remove from heat, stir in sugar and salt. Continue stirring until dissolved. Add in Mint extract and whipping cream.
- Refrigerate mixture until completely cooled, about 45 minutes.
- Pour mixture into Ice cream maker. Continue per manufacturer's directions.
- About 10-15 minutes before ice cream is done, add in chocolate chips and Andes Candy pieces.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Need some more frozen treats?