I’ve had this recipe on my list of “must make” recipes for some time now. I’ve been on a lemon kick lately. So when I found blueberries on sale at the store, I knew exactly what to do with them.
Lemons and Blueberries,
Blueberries and Lemon,
Just a perfect flavor combination!
This cake is so good, I made it twice! Well, I had to, but I would have gotten around to it again when my blueberries came in. You’ll see.
And at the end of this post I have a special treat for you! Hani of Haniela’s gathered together some amazing bloggers to give you Berrylicious! Be sure to check out all the scrumptious links for berry ideas.
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorite” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!
Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) cream cheese softened
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 cups flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, you could also use blackberries or raspberries
for Lemon Glaze
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a bundt pan. Don't use spray, it'll stick, trust me on this.
- Cream butter and cream cheese together, Add in sugar, beat well. Add in eggs one at a time, blending well after each egg. Add lemon juice and vanilla, beat well again, 2-3 minutes, you want everything blended in well.
- In a separate bowl , place your berries and 2 tablespoons of flour, toss berries to coat. This will help keep the berries from sinking while baking.
- Combine remaining flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt, just give it a little stir with a fork.
- Now alternating, add flour and sour cream, starting and ending with flour, mixing well after each addition. Your batter will be thick.
- Gently fold in berries, don't worry about getting them fully blended, just make sure they are spread out a bit in your batter.
- Spoon batter into your well greased and floured bundt pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes. Test for doneness using a toothpick, when it comes out clean, your cake is done. Let cake cool on wire rack for 10 minutes before inverting onto a plate.
- Let cool completely before adding glaze.
- Mix sugar and lemon juice together, stirring till sugar is dissolved and mixture is smooth. Drizzle over top of cooled cake.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
loosely adapted from Chef Dennis
Be sure to check out these other wonderful Berrylicious Recipes from a few of my fellow bloggers
And if you still need more
Strawberry Cheesecake Crumb Bars
Leave a Reply