Key Lime Pound Cake-a nice change up from the same old lemon!
We have this little cupcake bakery here in town. They make the most unbelievable Key Lime Cupcakes. I’d eat them by the dozen if I could afford to. Sadly, the bakery has overhead, blah, blah, blah and one cupcake is about $2.50. Two cupcakes for $5.00, sorry, no way. And they’re tiny. The cake part doesn’t even fill up the paper wrapper. I’m glad they’re doing well, I do try to support local, I’m just not going to shell out the bucks for something I can make myself.
I’m still trying to replicate their cupcakes but I did come up with this fantastic Pound Cake. The flavor is almost identical to those sweet little cupcakes. The cake is just denser, definitely a pound cake. I even found real Key Lime Juice at the store so I didn’t have to squeeze harm any Key Limes in the making of this cake.
Be sure to check out all the other wonderful recipes my friends have made for St. Patty’s.
1. Key Lime Pound Cake by Joan at Chocolate Chocolate & More
14. Irish Potato Oatmeal Bread from Sarah at What Smells So Good
Key Lime Pound Cake
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup key lime juice
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- green food coloring (optional)
for the glaze
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons key lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place rack in lowest position. Grease and flour a bundt pan or 2 loaf pans.
- In small bowl, combine buttermilk and lime juice, set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time, beating well to fully combine. Combine flour, salt, baking soda and powder in separate bowl, stir to combine. Add flour and buttermilk mixtures to butter mixture, alternating, starting and ending with flour. Do not overmix. Add in food coloring, stir just to combine. Spoon batter into prepared pan(s). Bake for 50-60 minutes, testing with a toothpick for doneness.
- Remove from oven and let rest in pan for 15 minutes before inverting onto cooling rack to cool completely.
- Prepare glaze by combining powdered sugar and lime juice to a thick pouring consistency. Drizzle over cooled cake. Let cake set for 30 minutes before serving.
Want more Pound Cake?
Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Pound Cake
Leave a Reply