Sometimes getting kids to eat healthy can be a real challenge. You can sneak a lot of healthy things into these muffins and they will never know. These Healthy Toddler Muffins will be a big hit with everyone in your family.
This recipe makes so many muffins that you can even freeze some and have them ready for a quick breakfast or snack. I ended up with 72 mini muffins from one batch.
After making the base batter I divided it into several bowls and added different items to switch it up a bit.
I ended up making four kinds of muffins out of the one batter. Apple cinnamon was a big hit. I just added more apple to those and topped them with cinnamon sugar.
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter was a good one too. I added mini chocolate chips and topped them with a dollop of peanut butter before baking them.
The third one that I made was Chocolate Chip Banana. As you can probably guess I added mini chocolate chips and extra banana.
For the blueberry ones I just tossed some blueberries on top of the muffins. My blueberries were so big this year that I could only fit a couple on each mini muffin.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups of mashed banana
- 1 small apple, grated
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil, melted (or butter)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees
- Combine the first five dry ingredients and set aside.
- Combine all other ingredients in mixer and beat until well blended.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Now it's time to personalize them.
- Spoon batter into a greased or lined mini muffin pan and bake for approximately 15 minutes or until done.
- Let them cool for 10 minutes before serving.
For Apple Cinnamon add an additional 1/2 of a small apple and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
For Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Banana add mini chocolate chips and an extra mashed banana.
You could even try adding zucchini or carrots.
Serving Size:4 mini muffins
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 186mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 3g