Strawberries are in full season here. And the Strawberries just put this one over the top.
I found this idea over at Plain Chicken, along with other Grilled sandwich options. Pop on over there when you get a chance, Steph has so many wonderful creations like Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie Sundaes or Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars, this is a gal after my own heart, can’t you tell? Don’t worry, she’s got some healthy stuff on there too.
I had my toughest critics test this one. My son and youngest daughter. Both gave it “thumbs up.” the other hand was busy putting the sandwich back to their mouths. The highest praise in my house.
- 2 slices firm bread
- Nutella spread
- Softened Cream Cheese
- 4-6 strawberries, sliced flat
- butter or margarine for grilling
- I used an Italian bread for these sandwiches. Spread your cream cheese like you would for a bagel on one slice of bread and Nutella on the other.
- Butter your heated pan or griddle then place bread, plain side down on melted butter.
- place sliced strawberries on one side.
- Continue to cook until down side is a perfect golden brown. Complete the sandwich process, you know what I'm talking about, flip the one side on top of the other.
- Let sandwich cool a few minutes before serving, let those flavors combine, melt together, fuse with the strawberries.
And I think I could get away with calling this healthy. Cheese, Nutella, fresh fruit. Yup, I’ll call this healthy.
I’ve linked up at some of these great parties
Want more strawberry goodness?