Fluffy Cheddar Butter Biscuits – baked in a pool of butter and as they cook, soak up the butter and rise to perfection! These are simply the easiest homemade biscuits you’ll ever make!
Honestly, when I saw these, I thought they were like an easier version of the Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits, and so of course I had to make them. However, they have a completely different flavor and are way easier to make.
Fluffy Cheddar Butter Biscuits
All you need is :
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- about a cup of cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 sticks of melted unsalted butter (3/4 cup)
- parley (optional, for garnish)
In a large mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder, making sure to mix well.
Now add in the buttermilk and the cheddar cheese. The dough won’t turn into a ball or anything like that, but more clumpy and not put together. Make sure not to over mix the dough or the biscuits won’t taste as good.
The dough should look like this. I had to switch from a whisk to a spatula bc the dough kept getting trapped in the whisk.
Pour the melted butter into a glass or porcelain baking dish. Then, pour the dough into the baking dish and spread it out as best as you can. And then because we’re fancy, sprinkle some dried parsley flakes on top (this is totally optional).
Place in a preheated 450-degree oven and bake for about 20 minutes. For best results, let cool in the baking dish for about 10-15 minutes to finish cooking completely.
I’m serious, these are the easiest biscuits I have ever made! And they seriously taste so good!
These Fluffy Cheddar Butter Biscuits were an obvious hit at my house, my sister came and got her some, and my boyfriend practically ate the rest of them.
On a scale of 1-10, these biscuits definitely receive a 10.5!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 sticks melted unsalted butter
- dried parsley (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Add in buttermilk and cheddar cheese and mix until dough forms (don't over mix, the dough will be clumpy).
- Pour melted butter into a glass or porcelain dish, and spread the dough as best you can in the dish. Cut the dough into slices.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes. Let cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 228Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 383mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g