Cinnabon Bread Pudding-use Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls as a quick shortcut for an easy breakfast treat!
It’s official. We have less than one week until Christmas.
I’ve tried to stay ahead of the holiday. Avoid the stress everyone talks about. All the baking, the decorating, the shopping. The holiday is supposed to be about family, friends, love and remembering the reason for the season.
I did venture to the mall last weekend.
It was so pleasant. I was shocked. JC Penney’s was having some super sale I didn’t know about. Can you say 50% off most things? I might have picked up a few things.
I deserved a reward. Between Penney’s and Macy’s is the food court. And Cinnabon!
Since the kids weren’t with me, it wouldn’t be fair to sit down and enjoy an entire Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll with that creamy Cream Cheese Frosting all by myself. They would never forgive me if they found out.
And they would. No, I knew I had to take them home. The girl was so sweet. I ordered a 2 boxes of Minibons, the mini Cinnamon Rolls. They freeze well and the second one is for Christmas, I promise! She told me it’d be 20 minutes since they always bake them up fresh (not a problem, I still had to visit Macy’s) I gave her my number and went on with my shopping.
When they were ready, she called (and saved me from spending more money.) I had her to put the frosting on the side. That way we could warm up the rolls and then add the frosting ourselves.
It was pure torture driving home. Those rolls in the backseat made my truck smell so good! Sitting at a red light, I wondered if the car next to me could smell them too. They were looking at me an awful lot. Maybe it was the look of expectation on my face, knowing when I got home, I was going to dig in to one of those rolls.
We all enjoyed some still hot rolls and I used the rest to make this bread pudding. I’m so glad I have that second box of Cinnabons in the freezer. This Bread Pudding is going to be perfect for Christmas morning. Baking away while we open presents, then everyone can add a much (or as little) toppings as they want.
One less thing to stress about.
You can find Cinnabon on Facebook (and drool every time they post something new!)
Connect with Chocolate Chocolate and More!
- 3 full size Cinnabon Cinnamon rolls (or 7 minis)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cinnabon Cream Cheese Icing
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- Cut rolls into bite sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, then add milk and vanilla and whisk again.
- Add cut Cinnabon Cinnamon rolls to egg mixture and with a large spoon, toss to coat.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, Gently toss cinnamon rolls in egg mixture then spoon egg soaked cinnamon rolls into a lightly greased 8x8 baking dish, leaving any extra liquid in the bowl.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree over for 35-45 minutes, until cooked through in the center.
- Remove from oven and serve with warmed cream cheese frosting and caramel sauce as topping options.
You know what else you can make with these Cinnamon rolls? How about French Toast! Mrs Happy Homemaker has me wishing I bought 3 boxes of Cinnabons!
Want more easy breakfast treats?
I was compensated for this post by Cinnabon. As always, all opinions are my own, I only share things I truly love!