Chewy Coconut Cookies are so soft and full of texture that everyone will love them.
They are one of my husband’s favorites.
Several years ago we went on a cruise for summer vacation with the kids. My husband kept going to the dessert bar to get this cookie. He was eating them all of the time.
One day they didn’t have them so he described the cookie to one of the staff and they said it was the coconut cookie that he was looking for. My husband was thinking they must be wrong because he doesn’t like coconut but he loved these cookies.
They were coconut! I tried making my own at home and they were great.
I chopped the coconut very small and you get the flavor but not the regular texture of the coconut in these amazingly good Chewy Coconut Cookies. Of course my husband loved them.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 and 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Measure flour, baking soda and salt into a bowl and set aside.
- Beat butter, sugars and honey until fluffy.
- Add flour mixture and beat until well blended.
- Beat in the water and coconut.
- Drop small balls of dough onto a lined cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for approximately 9 minutes or until the edges are brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
I chopped the coconut up in the food processor with a little powdered sugar to keep it from sticking.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 52Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 57mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 0g