Caramel Pie Pudding- pie and pudding, the best of both worlds. This is absolutely the best way to eat caramel pie, with its creamy goodness, sweet caramel flavor, and crunch of the crust. This recipe also doubles as a recipe for Dulce De Leche.
Caramel Pie Pudding
The only ingredients needed for this recipe are 1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs, 1 stick of unsalted butter, 8 ounces of whipped cream (can be homemade or cool whip), and 8 ounces of Dulce De Leche (or boiled sweetened condensed milk).
For the Dulce De Leche, all you need is an 8 oz can of sweetened condensed milk and a large pot of boiling water. Fill the pot with water, enough to cover about 2-3 inches above the can. Take the paper off the can and place the can into the water and let boil for about 3 hours.
After 3 hours, you have yourself a nice can of Dulce de Leche.
I would suggest making the Dulce De Leche first since it takes the longest.
Once that’s done, go ahead and make your graham cracker pie crust.
I used 1 1/2 cups of Kroger Brand crushed graham crackers, but you can also just use about 18 regular graham crackers as well. Melt your butter and mix it in well with the graham cracker crumbs and press into your pie plate.
For the pie filling, all you need is the 8 ounces of Dulce De Leche and 8 ounces of whipped cream. Since the Dulce De Leche is such a thick substance, I used a standing mixer on a low speed to mix it with the whipped cream. Then just pour it over the crust.
Now to cool it you can do one of two options: refrigerate it, or freeze it. This is up to you, this just depends on how solid you want your pudding to be and how pretty you want it to come out.
The more frozen, the prettier the slices. The more thawed, the more messy.
As you can see, I was too impatient to let it completely freeze.
Nonetheless, it was still delicious all the same.
Now to enjoy this delicious dish of Caramel Pie Pudding!
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 8 oz. Dulce De Leche
- 8 oz. Whipped Cream
Dulce De Leche
- Bring a large pot a water to a boil with enough water in it to cover 2-3 inches above the can of sweetened condensed milk.
- Take the paper off the can and place the can in the boiling water and let boil for 3 hours. Check ever so often to make sure the water is still above the can. Let cool completely once done.
Caramel Pie Pudding
- Melt the butter and mix it into the graham cracker crumbs. Press into the pie plate.
- In a medium bowl, combine the dulce de leche and whipped cream. Pour on top of the pie crust. Set in the freeze for 2 or more hours.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 221Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 75mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 3g