These yummy, no-bake Banana Pudding Bars are so ooey-gooey and delicious you’ll be left craving more! A tasty twist on the classic banana pudding; thick, creamy, and some banana with every bite!
Yes, I know, this is yet another recipe with no chocolate, but it’s summer and when I think of summer all I think is fruit, and lately, all I’ve been craving is banana pudding except I’m not the biggest fan of the regular pudding. I have to say, this recipe is amazing.
Banana Pudding Bars
The first thing you’re going to want to do is grab a large mixing bowl and combine all your wet ingredients (sweetened condensed milk, heavy whipping cream, crushed bananas), vanilla pudding mix, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Set this in the refrigerator for at least 5 minutes to chill.
While that’s chilling, melt your butter, grind up 3 handfuls of vanilla wafers and then combine the two. Now take this mixture and press it flat into your 8×8 dish.
Now slice your last two bananas, you should have 32 slices. Get your crust, and place a layer of 16 slices onto the crust.
Get your chilled pudding and pour it over that layer of sliced bananas.
Make one last layer of sliced bananas on top of the pudding.
Layer your whipped cream on top of the last layer of bananas.
Garnish with vanilla wafers.
This is the best version of banana pudding that I’ve ever had, and I live in the south so that’s saying something. While doing research on banana pudding, a lot of the recipes I saw didn’t have any bananas actually incorporated into the pudding. So of course that was a must, because how can it be banana pudding if it has no bananas in it? I feel that the crushed bananas mixed into the pudding definitely make this recipe good!
- 4 bananas (2 sliced, 2 smashed)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 3.4 oz box of pudding mix
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz whipped cream
- 3 handfuls of vanilla wafers
- 1 stick of melted butter
- To make the crust, grind up about 3 handfuls of vanilla wafers and add it to the melted butter. Press it into your dish and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pudding mix, heavy whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, and crushed bananas. Add in the cinnamon and vanilla extract then chill in the refrigerator for at least 5 minutes.
- Go ahead and cut your bananas into slices (16 slices per banana). Get your crust and place 16 slices of the banana onto the crust. Now pour your pudding over that first layer of bananas and on top of that, place the last 16 peices of banana.
- Top it with a layer of whipped cream, can be home made or store bought, and some extra wafers to make it look pretty.
- Serve cold or frozen.
*** If you served chilled but not frozen, they will not come out as pretty as they would have frozen.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 611Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 432mgCarbohydrates: 72gFiber: 2gSugar: 55gProtein: 8g