Apple Pie Danish-fast and easy to assemble, perfect for breakfast, snack or dessert!
I’m loving Apple week! I told you Apples are my absolute favorite fruit. I’m almost ashamed to make this week seem like a chore to have to make scrumptious treats with apples. It’s not. No way, not in any shape or form. If they took chocolate away from me, I’d cry but I’d still have Apples to fall back on.
These danishes are so fast and easy to put together, the hard part is waiting for them to come out of the oven then cool just enough so you can bite into one. As a danish, you can have it for breakfast, a snack or dress it up just a bit with some vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream and it’s time for dessert.
Apple Pie Danish
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3-4 apples-I used golden delicious for these
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg-separated
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- extra sugar for sprinkling
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons cream or milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt butter in a small frying pan. Add in brown sugar and cinnamon. Core and peel apples, chop into 1/2 inch pieces. Place apples in frying pan. Stir to coat apples with butter mixture. Simmer over medium heat until mixture starts to bubble, continue to cook for about 5 more minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine flour, salt and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender. Combine egg yolk with milk and stir into flour until all your dry mix is incorporated.
- Roll dough out onto a well floured surface. Cut dough into 6 rough squares. Transfer squares to a lightly greased baking tray (or line with parchment paper.) Divide apples with just a bit of the juice between the 6 dough squares. You want to run your apples diagonally across from one corner to the opposite corner.
- Fold over opposite sides to the middle, and using a dab of water, press those top corners together to secure. Make an egg wash, combining egg white with 1 tablespoon of water. Brush tops of danish with the egg wash. Sprinkle top with sugar if desired.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 25-30 minutes, until crust is a golden brown.
- Combine glaze ingredients, stirring until smooth and a drizzle consistency. Drizzle over warm danishes and enjoy!
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
When creating your crust, your mixture will be crumbly but will hold together when pressed together.
You want to run your apples diagonally across from one corner to the opposite corner.
Fold over opposite sides to the middle, and using a dab of water, press those top corners together to secure.
Inside Brucrew Life-Caramel Apple Milky Way Cheesecake Bars
Shaken Together Life-Apple Pie Ginger Snap Triffles
Jam Hands-Apple Bundt Cake
A Pumpkin and a Princess- Caramel Apple Cheesecakes
Sally’s Baking Addiction- Spiced Apple Cupcakes
Check out this Pinterest board dedicated to Apple Deliciousness!