Eggnog Pound Cake with an Eggnog Glaze!
Eggnog. You either love it or hate it. Here in our house, 3 of us adore it. I start looking for it in the stores the day after Halloween and usually withing a few days, I’ll find my first jug of it. For the 7-8 weeks my grocery store stocks it, I buy it weekly. Sometimes 2 half gallons at a time.
My son and youngest daughter will come in after school and grab a small glass, as their afternoon snack. Honestly, we just can’t get enough. That eggy, creamy, custardy, vanilla-y yumminess.
I’ve used Eggnog to make Fudge but I wanted something more. I wanted cake. And I wanted a cake that would make a nice gift.
This Eggnog Cake will delight anyone who gets a taste. Not overly eggnoggy but you know it’s eggnog and not just ordinary vanilla. And the glaze on top. Well…I’m gonna say it…It’s the icing on the cake!
This cake is part of the 12 Days of Cakes. Be sure to check out the other cakes being made this holiday season.
1. Chocolate Truffle Pirouette Cake from Lemony Thyme
2. Strawberries and Cream Cake from Cooking from a Stay at Home Mom
3. Coconut Tres Leche Cake from Moore or Less Cooking
4. Smore’s Cake from 365 Days of Baking
5. Pomegranate Lime Bundt Cake from It’s Yummi
6. Brownie Bombe Cake from The Rowdy Baker
7. Chocolate Roll with Candy Cane Whipped Cream from Hun, What’s For Dinner?
8. Eggnog Pound Cake from me!
stay tuned for the rest!
Still need more cake?