The perfect combination of roasted pecans, caramel and chocolate. Salty roasted Georgia pecans are the base for these Sweet Georgia Browns candies.
I was watching a show the other day about candy companies of Canada. There was a part about Purdy’s and their Sweet Georgia Browns. They looked so good that I couldn’t wait to try them for myself.
While I haven’t had the opportunity to try one from Purdy’s I have to imagine that they are as amazing as they look.
I hope that I came close with my creation. I made them in mini muffin tins but you could drop them onto a silicone mat or wax paper like a turtle candy.
I am very fortunate to have a large supply of pecans in the area that I live in Georgia. Every year at pecan season friends and family share pecans with me. This year a friend asked if I would like some of hers and she brought me one gallon of shelled and cleaned pecan halves. That’s a good friend.
I must say that the salty flavor of the pecans is what made these candies really good to me.
I hope you like them too.
- 2 cups of pecan halves
- 11 ounces of caramel squares (1 pakcage)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 10 ounces of chocolate
- Preheat oven to 300F degrees.
- Place pecans on a baking sheet and roast for 10-15 minutes until they are lightly roasted.
- Sprinkle pecans generously with salt.
- Spray mini muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Place 3-4 pecan halves in the bottom of each muffin tin.
- In a saucepan melt the caramels with the cream. Stir constantly to avoid burning.
- Pour caramel over the pecans and cool.
- Melt the chocolate and top each candy. Add sea salt for extra flavor.
- Cool completely before removing from muffins tins.
I wrapped mine individually in wax paper after they cooled to avoid sticking together.